Friday, August 28, 2009

Teaching an Old Dog

And by old dog, I do not mean my lovely husband who weighs in at a whopping 10 years older than me...I mean me, myself, and I. All three of us. And none of us ever figured this out in 2+ years of Netflix use.

Setting: living room last Wednesday night (we have the Netflix plan that only allows 1 rental at a time so I've cleverly deduced that if we receive and watch a movie on Wednesday night and ship it back on Thursday morning, then we will get another one on Saturday...thus allowing 2 movies per week! Unless there's a holiday on a Saturday or my stupidity gets in the way. Read on...). At the moment, I'm getting ready to stick the DVD back in the envelope.

Neal: Whoa! Make sure you put it in the right way!
Me: Yeah, yeah whatever. Right way, schmight way.
Neal: No, there is a right way.
Me: What are you talking about? It's a freakin DVD. You just stick it in and seal it up!
Neal: No, the barcode has to show through the window so it will go through their system properly. It comes in, they scan it, it moves on.
Suddenly, a 450-watt lightbulb alights directly over my head. Sometimes Netflix doesn't register our Saturday movies until Wednesday morning, which means we don't get another one until Thursday, thus throwing off my entire master plan (and making me throw the finger at 'the man' in the process). Usually, that happens when I'm the one to stick it in, seal it up, and toss it in the mailbox.
Me: Oh, right. Huh.
I just got an email from Netflix. It looks like we can be expecting our next installment of The Tudors on Saturday morning. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's it, let it all out....