Let me bring you up to speed since October 12.
- After 2 months of relentless Internet searches, we landed ourselves a 3-bedroom apartment with the kind of balconies that I've seen on apartments and thought, "I wonder what it would be like to live THERE?" So, we spent the next 4 weeks sorting through every single drawer, closet, and box...throwing away anything that didn't seem absolutely pertinent at the time. Here's to hoping we don't actually need that badminton set.
- The movers shifted our move date up. Twice. What's one thing you don't want less of when you're trying to move? Days before the move.
- Two days before the movers arrived, Mama Virgo and Anna Banana (who are now known around these parts as Big Mama and Nana Anna) arrived and reported for babysitting duty. Honestly, to all of the military families who make these moves without any family? I don't know how the hell you do it. You should have a cape.
- The stuff, the husband, and the cats all drove off in the direction of Virginia, while the rest of us were Kentucky-bound.
- We spent 2 weeks visiting. Big Mama and I counted all the new people. Baby E met over 50 folks in the 10 days we were out and about (deduct 4 days for the obligatory KY sinus infection that you fall ill with at the state line).
- E and I arrived at our new digs with the fancy balcony on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We were greeted by piles, stacks, and a storage unit that is nearly overflowing.
- It is now 9 days before Christmas and all boxes are unpacked, my office is functional again, jewelry is being made, pictures are hung, and the Christmas is out. Although sitting here, I just saw a strand of lights go out on the tree. And that makes me want to let loose a scream from a deep, dark place.
To everyone who keeps reading but knows that I haven't read a blog in a minute...THANK YOU! I will be back. And at any given time, I have about 3 ideas for posts rolling around in my head...2 of which have nothing to do with projectile vomit, teething, or how to shop from your phone while a baby sleeps in your lap.
Happy Champagne Friday to all! And to all...a good night!