Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Culture on demand

Dear Insight Cable:
I am guessing that when you installed the On Demand feature on your cable boxes, that you did so thinking it would be a wicked success. And for those who want to pay $3.99 per movie, it is also very convenient. But we already give you a large check signed in blood every month, so we will not be paying extra for any movies. However, this week our DVR had a new experience - it became jobless. It cried a little, had a strong drink, and now it's just patiently waiting for summer to be over so that it can go back to work. In the meantime, I decided to see what I could find On Demand, in the free spot that is. There are some kids' shows, several nature shows, a few history shows, the military channel and FearNet which runs movies like Bram Stoker's Dracula (which hasn't been scary to me since middle school and only then it was because filmmakers weren't so loose with the fake blood as they are now). I did eventually find the complimentary movies. Oh excitement!! As soon as I saw the word Sundance I knew it was going to be bad. So, thank you Insight Cable for attempting to broaden our horizons but I do not need movies that are originally in Cantonese but with English sub-titles. Nor do I need movies that are originally in Japanese with no sub-titles. We get plenty of culture from our chosen Netflix movies - I've even seen Trainspotting. I appreciate you looking out for our best interests and while I realize that many people do not ever cross the Kentucky state lines, we are not those people. So please kindly replace each of those with something more interesting...like Patch Adams or Twelve Angry Men...or anything with Anthony Hopkins.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's it, let it all out....