Monday, August 30, 2010

Mojito Monday: The Week in Pictures

...and because I missed Champagne Friday. And also because, according to Weight Watchers, margaritas are 5 points each while mojitos are only 3! Embrace the mint!

It's just another day at Queenie J's house when a dragon and a ninja burst into the kitchen, demanding peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Goodbye, big ole cheese wagon...hauling a ninja and a dragon to their first day of school.

Now what? Scrapbook? Make jewelry? Organize? Drink whatever is in that cup?

Soldiers in Neal's unit voluntarily jumping out of airplanes that are clearly not engulfed in flames.

And all manage to land safely, without incident. Neal was so inspired that he has requested to go to Jump School after the deployment. Greeeaaaattttt.....If I had known that would happen, I would have suggested IHOP instead of the drop zone.

Right after the battalion commander announced that Neal volunteered for this crazyass idea. I'm smiling because...y'know...that's what we do. Smile now, fret later.

Pickin' peaches at Lane's Packing. For $3, you get 6 wine tastings and the wine glass they came in. The tour is free, but good luck making it out of there without something peach-related. We came away with only peach BBQ sauce this time. Mama Virgo and Anna Banana weren't so lucky. Wine, pecans, and peaches, oh my!!

A little family time and a rare photo of the 3 of us. Neal, me, and Poppy (who is disguised as a sweater).

Lady Lulu declares, from her perch high above the kingdom, that it has been a good couple of weekends. Eating, drinking, and being merry with Queenie Jeaninie and her crew. Eating, drinking, and being merry with Mama Virgo and Anna Banana. And belly rubs for everyone!

Try a New Food Tuesday will return to its regularly scheduled time tomorrow. So many pictures of what I've been eating, so little time to describe the good, the bad, the ugly....


12 comments:

  1. Jump school is totally something J would volunteer for. And I would spend my time freaking out. Bless you for keeping your sanity.

    Glad you had a great couple of weekends, but even happier that you are back. I love when you pop up in my Google Reader. (Or in my inbox!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful time!! I wish I had that dragon costume for myself.

    Or whatever exactly is in that cup.

    Sooooo...yeah I'd probably have a heart attack if M suggested jump school, but luckily he's a big wuss so that would never happen.

    Your cats are adorable. Poppy is an excellent chameleon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to cut the calories in a Margarita, try this: 1.5 oz tequilla, 1 oz Nellie and Joe's lime juice (NOT Rose's) and 1/2 oz Triple Sec or Cointreau. It's much tarter than the usual taste, so you could try making a simple syrup with Splenda instead of sugar to sweeten it up, or maybe even just add a little Splenda (don't know how it dissolves...) I created this little number when I was on Atkins long ago and still drink them. Got to liking the tart taste. Can't possibly be 5 points 'cause it takes out all the sugar. I drink them on the rocks, but you might be able to put in the blender with ice, too. Just a thought. If Neil is gonna jump out of planes, then you need a low-point drink handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Jump school! How lovely! *blink* *blink*

    Reason #76,232 that boys should not be allowed to be around each other when doing stupid things. (e.g. jumping out of planes, bungee jumping, eating pounds upon pounds of hot wings...)

    In other news: Poppy makes me miss my Woobie kitty. She used to sit on me like that all the time. I'm glad you had a great couple of weeks! Mojitos! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peach bbq sauce sounds great actually. I've never had a mojito!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, that looks like a good week. What I wouldn't give for a belly rub! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh yes, weight watchers vs. alcohol. my life in 4 words.

    looks like you had funnn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lordy, what a week you had! That looks like one super happy kitty cat you've got on your hands. I will never understand how seemingly normal people would want to jump out of an airplane...seems like there should be an easier way to get your kicks ;)And *sigh*...I do miss me some mojitos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a hell of a full week, madam. But it looks like a nice one. =)

    Also, I think I make the face the dragon is making all the time. And it is usually accompanied, yes, by a demand that someone feed me. I think the dragon and I would get along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Airborne status is a super cool thing!!! Having made two jumps myself, I'm probably not your go-to girl for support on this, lol!

    Sounds like a blast and I'm still terribly jealous of your two beautiful cats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will never understand the concept of VOLUNTARILY jumping out of a plane.

    It seems counter-intuitive.

    It's like those guys who try to eat the spiciest pepper in the world to see how long they can go without crying and begging for mercy.

    I don't get it.

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lulu is so adorable!!!

    Looks like an amazing time! I'm so lucky that Mike isn't into heights at all I can't even get him to go on a zip line, he'd actually have to keep me from jumping out of a plane ;)

    ReplyDelete

That's it, let it all out....