Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bourbon Rum Friday with a Side of Hangover Saturday

I have absolutely no excuse for being MIA from BloggyLand, except that I've been exorcising the last of ManCold, we had a soldier whose house burned down this week, I've gotten about a blue million custom orders for Mother's Day, and we've had to make daily life-changing decisions...Do we want to move to King City, CA for Neal to take a job on Ft. Hunter Liggett?....Do we want to move to Ft. Knox?...Do we want to stay here and hope something opens up at the state?....Do we want to sell the house?...Do we want to keep the house?...Do we want to launch ourselves into outer space until the job market opens up and people start bathing in 100 dollar bills, y'all?

And the answer to all of this is...We don't know. Kind of anti-climatic, isn't it? It's no wonder that Neal is awake from 3-5 every morning and I'm having dreams of waitressing at a bar while holding Lulu like a baby the whole time. Last night, I had a dream that Neal left me at a bar because I was topless. Things will have to change eventually. In the meantime, I have every intention of returning to you all this weekend. I miss you all like crazyjuice and your blog titles taunt me from my Blogroll. They whisper, "Come read us! We are highly entertaining! And we go better with a glass of wine!" Darn you, witty and snarky bloggers! I still have to do my business taxes...but then I still have 5 days. No reason not to put that off, right?

So, I hope that everyone had a knock-out Champagne Friday yesterday. It seems that Shana had something better than Champagne...she had Orlando Bloom sitting on a balcony across the way from her office. I would drink that up any day! Cheers to you, love! And I owe you a top 5 Friday, which I was not sober enough to write yesterday. Sorry about that. Y'know how it goes when there's Wild Turkey in the house....

5. I finally did it...I finally gave in to the spell of Sookie and Bill and created my first and only Peace, Love, Vampire Blood necklace. It felt so good...so right...sort of like selling out. Oh well, True Blood is not Twilight...it's got way more sex and I can dig it.
4. Jaron and The Long Road to Love has a new song out on country radio. It keeps popping up on my BlackBerry's I Heart Radio app and it just never gets old. Here's a little snippet...

I haven't been to church since I don’t remember when
Things were goin’ great ‘til they fell apart again
So I listened to the preacher as he told me what to do
He said you can’t go hatin’ others who have done wrong to you
Sometimes we get angry, but we must not condemn
Let the good Lord do His job and you just pray for them

I pray your brakes go out runnin’ down a hill
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I’d like to
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls
I pray you’re flyin’ high when your engine stalls
I pray all your dreams never come true
Just know whereever you are honey, I pray for you

Bwahahahaha....you can't say that you've never thought these words about somebody. Honesty is a beautiful, shiny thing.

3. A picture of 3 gorgeous ladies headed out for a friend's Grand Opening...before the 7 cotton candy martinis and 2 trips to the photo booth.
2. I am soooooooo addicted....
via

1. I saved this for #1 because it's the perfect example of what happens when you're sitting across the desk from your husband and you've both been working all day and it's 75 degrees outside. Sometimes, you just have to go for a walk...
with Lulu on a leash.

Happy Weekend, everyone! Happy Birthday to my girl, Lori, and many thanks for the carton of Cherry Coke Zero and the 12 ounces of rum last night. Next time we'll see what we can use that gin for.

12 comments:

  1. THERE. YOU. ARE. Can you stop up and disappearing on me? Thanks.

    Love Boat rocks, as does Lulu on a leash, and topless dreams.

    I suppose you have been busy, haven't you?

    Stop by and enter my giveaway. Doesn't happen often, but when it does....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you! Please don't move away! That song, Pray for You, CRACKS me up. I about crashed my CRaVe while driving along the first time I heard it! It was on Valentine's Day & they dedicated it to the Anti-V'day people...it's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lulu on a leash is the best. i do that with a cat at work- and its funny because she does that weirdo keep her belly real close to the ground thing when i am walking her too!
    also, yay to all your entries for my giveaway. i thought of you immediately when i decided on that item! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to know...does that cat *enjoy* the leash? Because I totally love how the hunker down like that...as if the leash is literally killing them. I am presuming Lulu does NOT enjoy it. My blog misses you. It calls out at night for you. It's pretty pathetic, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have your cat on a leash. Wow! I've never seen that before, lol!!!

    So glad you are getting tons of custom orders. Crafting always makes me feel better and that is something YOU can control. Hopefully the answers present themselves to you. Change and upheaval are so not my favorites.

    This will turn out great. Have faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the True Blood wagon but we already discussed this.

    I'm convinced we need to bridge a gap between you and Me, not with the Judd's mind you but because of your bourbon drinking ways and the fact that I now feel better about the fact that we string Angus (our cat) on his little red leash to let him hang outside on the porch with us and walk him through our yard. This post makes me feel so much better about the strange looks our neighbors give us!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are feeling better from ManCold. I was so worried. Can't have you disappearing.

    I know about the decisions...we had to go through something similar recently and it's not fun. Every time you think you've figured something out it leads to another question. I'm sure you and Neal with figure it out. Maybe you guys should move here so we can hang out and have Champagne Friday together!

    My friend is also obessessed with Love Boat. She sings the song all the time too. It's pretty funny.

    I love the lyrics to that song. It's how I feel about certain people. Hilarious. I'm going to have to download it to the iPod. I did a double take because I wasn't sure I was reading it right.

    Ok, I'm going back to Orlando watch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah, how I love me some True Blood. LOVE. It's so hot, isn't it?? Tell me you've come across Eric now. Do you love him yet? Because my bet is that you will eventually. And, um, I looooove that necklace.

    Wow, so many big decisions for ya'll to make, which I can imagine is really stressful. Change can be good though. Make your way through it and just try to imagine settling down on the other side of it... you will be there eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'd love to have you in California, but from someone who's moved as much as I have it's a pain and I didn't even have to deal with owning a home. I can say you'd be very close to the coast and it's a beauty :) Cotton Candy martinis? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha Lulu on a leash. How much does she love that? I've been wanting to get Oskie outside on one (baby G would be too out of control).

    I haven't watched the Love Boat in YEEEEARS!

    I think you should move here. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! We used to have to put our cat on a leash too! Here's to wishing you and Neal both get some peaceful sleep and the crazy dreams stop. Too much to think about! Love that necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. heehee. soooo i definitely want to talk about some jewelry!! i gots a job now!! email me!!

    ReplyDelete

That's it, let it all out....