Things have been so busy around Daisy & Elm, that I haven't even had a chance to make myself something beautiful for the occasion. So...I'll just borrow this necklace and earrings set.
And perhaps also...her crease-less neck and smooth, flawless skin. Not the protruding clavicles, though. Somebody please get this girl a beignet...with the powdered sugar.
Alrighty...now that I'm properly attired (yes, just the pearls...because that's how we roll around here, clothed only in pearls and charm)...on with the awards! I think I've received 2 that I haven't posted. If I've inadvertently left yours off, please feel free to publicly flog me in the comments section. I totally deserve it.
Numero uno came from my girl, Salt @ Salt Says. How's that wedding anxiety, Salt? She's getting married. Like really soon. And then...she'll be one of us. I'll let you in on a little post-wedding secret, Salt. It's not all long, meaningful gazes and hand-holding in the grocery store. One day, the two of you will go out to eat, only to realize that you have nothing to discuss over your spaghetti carbonara. And there you'll sit, chewing in the symphony of everyone else's conversations. That's when you'll realize that to-go is always better because at home, there's Netflix, the Wii, and the DVR. But it's all OK because really...home-dining is the new Asia de Cuba. Salt has a G.L.O.B award...Gorgeous Ladies of Blogging. But when you put it like that, I feel sort of bloated and slovenly...not really all that gorgeous. However, I shall not question her methods, merely pass it on in all of its glory.
Rebecca @ The Reluctant Homefront (YAY for blogging Army wives!!)
Blissed Out Grandma (YAY for being blissed out. Although I have a feeling it has something to do with being the grandparent instead of the parent.)
Micah@ The Yellow Front Door (YAY for having a wickedly creative side and for not being afraid to use power tools!)
Lisa @ Pickles and Cheese (YAY for having more energy than a chihuahua on Red Bull with a double espresso chaser AND for introducing me to the Ballard Designs catalog.)
Micah...meet Lisa. Lisa...meet Micah. If you are not bloggy friend already, you totally should be. You would get along fabulously...like Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay.
Next up was this beauty from Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic. She cracks me up. I blame her for the Cheerio residue on my keyboard after reading about her dream Powder Puff team. Plus, she stalks celebrity babies.
1. List 6 things you're a master in.
2. Pass it on to 6 other bloggers who are masters in friendship and make blogging so awesome.
HookerwhoreKelly has already listed her skills as a masterdebater...beyotch...so I will have to have draw from my other expertise.
1. Master of the Crock Pot. Go ahead and mock me. When the rest of you all are scurrying around like squirrels after the first snowstorm, trying to pull a meal together, mine is simmering and I'm on my 2nd cocktail.
2. Master of the Target Clearance Rack. Yes, that eggplant fishnet tank is marked down to $2.59, but you put it back because you don't have pants to match. That's fine. I will gladly purchase your sloppy seconds at 90% off, pair it with a leather mini, and then use the other $30 to buy fleece socks and PJs with monkeys on them.
3. Master of the Mustang. When you buy your dad's 1996 Mustang convertible (read: baby), there are some parts and pieces that are bound to break (or disintegrate, as the case may be). You will learn how to repair hoses, gaskets and seals...or you will go poor at the hands of a Ford dealership.
4. Master of the iPod Touch. Mama Virgo owes me about $2594 in technical support fees for all of the hours I've spent trying to figure out what the hell she did to it this time. That's OK, though...I'm sure that sometime later in life, it will be important for me to know that if you just hold your index finger on the home screen, all the apps will jiggle and X's will appear next to them. That will be useful knowledge...right???
5. Master of the Mimosa. Well, if I weren't, this whole blog would be a sham. I do not exactly consider myself the Magnolia Whisperer...but we do have a very lovely one growing in the front yard. Neal says it's thriving due to cross-pollination from the neighbor's across the street. I say that I need hip waders to climb out of all the crap Neal pours on me.
6. Master Mower. Yes, it's a fact that I got so mad last summer, I accidentally mowed in perfectly diagonal lines. This summer, I plan on re-joining and then re-quitting Urban Active just so I can achieve the raw fury needed for a checkerboard pattern.
And now on to my master bloggers. Pay them a visit. Give a little love. But not too much...this isn't that kind of blog...
Kiera @ Imperfect Daisies
Noelle @ Elastic Waistbands and Comfortable Shoes
Jess @ Cape Cod Awesome
Shandal @ My Life in 3D
Kiran @ Masala Chica
Well, there you have it...cue music and sparkling conversation. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here. And I have to be productive. Due to the 4 inches of snow overnight and the raining ice right now, Neal has decided to work from home today. I have to look like I do things, not just read about other people doing things. You can keep a secret right?