Friday, January 15, 2010

I Heard You


Do you know what's shocking? How many of you have secretly (or not so secretly) been wanting to email me about...well, I don't know what about, but you're a very devoted bunch. So, I spent about an hour of my Friday night trying to figure out how to change my settings so that the email address on my profile works. I tried to ask Neal, thinking that in his infinite Chief Technology Officer wisdom he would simply blink and BAM! Instantly fixed. Not so. There were some hmmm's and some uhhhh's and finally I just took back over. Again, this is not because I have control issues. Hush it. But the good news is, I think I fixed it. So, who wants to be the first to try? I fully expect there to be 25 unanswered emails when I wake up tomorrow! And to those of you who have tried to email me before, I apologize. Apparently, I missed the memo on this very important piece of blog etiquette. But I got it now. Word. (175 to be exact).

AND do you know what you need? A snazzy new apron. And you could win one right here. Salt is celebrating her 100th post with a Great Apron Give-Away. But this is not your mama's apron. You could wear this apron (and only this apron) to greet your man after a long day at the grind. Of you could actually..er..cook in it. But wearing an apron without actually cooking is the new black.

Word Count: 252

14 comments:

  1. Allyson,

    Thank you darling. I will check next time you respond to an email. I think right now, your old responses would still be associated to your old (no-replyblogger crapola). I will check when you respond next time.

    Hope you have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! It's just that you leave such wonderful comments that I would love to reply to you. It's awkward to reply back by leaving you a comment back over here on your post that has nothing to do with my reply! :)

    Thank you woman! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You fixed it!

    And can we all quit telling about Salt's giveaway? I want to win and I am being sabotaged with all of this advertisement. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you comment on my blogs I write back and it gets thru [I think...]

    Lets give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm are comment responses supposed to be e-mailed back to people? I just leave them on my blog, which doensn't give me an option to reply by e-mail. I feel like I'm missing something here. Can anyone rescue me from the vicious brain fart that I experiencing??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to go watch that movie! Which, the first time I saw it, I was a little disappointed. But it makes me think back to when my family first got internet and we had AOL and that little, "You've Got Mail" voice, which was always so excited =-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may be sorry you made that change! I check my email 137 times a day. Just sayin.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the movie that made me hate AOL! I wish I could figure out how to link up my email on my blog. Then EVERYONE would want to email me. *wishful thinking*

    Thank you thank you for the shouty outty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is frustrating when a new person drops by my blog and I can't reach them because they don't have an email or blog link! So thank you for dealing with the frustration to fix your link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. People get very testy around here when they can't email. Also, have you heard the one about NO MUSIC!? How about the hatred of word verification?? (Personally, I don't get too worked up about blog etiquette.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was skimming this post because it looked like an apron giveaway and I was not really that into an apron.

    then I say your last paragraph and I laughed out loud so loud that my dog jumped up!

    Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so committed. And I appreciate that. Now we just need to try it out... soon enough. :)

    I'm VERY impressed that you stayed under 500 words, btw.

    ReplyDelete

That's it, let it all out....