All of this to say that....I'm baaaaack!!! And good golly Miss Molly, WHATARIDE!
Just to tell you where I've been for the past 4 weeks or so (and why I did miss a couple of Champagne Fridays, which was most unfortunate), here it is, bullet point-style:
- I think I left off with "OMG...Neal just got a job offer in Macon and we have to go to Hawaii, pack, move, unpack in a state that is 7 hours away, then prep the house, and sell it. Before that was "hmm...I think I might be pregnant. Oh no, sorry. Not this month. Bartender, could you slide that peach bellini down this way? Thanks. And one to go, please."
- Then there was 8 days in what I will now refer to as B & J's Romantic Hideaway in Paradise. Travel pictures to post soon! And again, our many, MANY thanks to our friends for hosting such a terrific vacay that I actually did not think about the daunting task that was waiting for me back in Bluegrass Country.
- We were home from Paradise for approximately 8 hours before the Atlas 18-wheeler pulled up in front of our house (on a cul-de-sac, mind you. I cannot even tell you how surreal it was to see an 18-wheeler on our street. I should have taken a picture. Bad blogger.)
- Packing was pretty painless. And Queenie Jeannie...you were so, so, so right. But thus far, everything made it one piece and I have yet to unpack a single broken item. But due to my Type A/OCD complex, we had both cars loaded to the gills with stuff I didn't trust them with. So...yeah...that could have had something to do with it.
- The girls made the trip OK. The first 45 minutes were rough and it took us 9 hours to make a 7-hour drive so the last 45 were equally as difficult. Maybe kitties don't like free-ranging in the car? All I know is that to all of you who drive with your pets in your car on a regular basis: my hat is off to you. That shiznit is hard!
- We left a decent amount of furniture in the house in Lex to stage it, which will then be moving on to the condo when we sell the house. So, we had to buy beds, an entertainment center, and a dresser when we got here....which won't be delivered until Monday. And we bought it on Monday. So, you have to use two hands to count the number of days we would have had to sleep on an air mattress...except that we are driving back to Bluegrass Country tomorrow for a party and to retrieve our vacuum cleaner and my underwear (which Neal accidentally packed in the attic). And our air mattress has a tiny hole that we can't see but were well aware of around 1:30 AM. So, I actually have a task on my to-do list for today.
I have so many stories to tell over the next few weeks that I'm practically busting at my pretty blonde seams. And I've missed you all terribly. So, time to load up Google Reader and do a little reading. Because you guys? You can be my wingman anytime!