Thursday, July 2, 2009

Amidst all of the media coverage...


Comes a little wisdom from the real Michael Jackson. I only had to watch the death investigation coverage for...about...a week non-stop to catch it. Matt Lauer is reporting from within Neverland Ranch today, taking the cameras through his abandoned estate and pointing out where the towels used to hang, where the fountains used to be, what room housed his sequin-covered bedspread and the cedar closet with the secret compartment. When they started talking about his long-questioned relationship with Diana Ross, Matt read from an interview from Ebony magazine. Ebony magazine asked him about the age difference and MJ said:
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?
And that pretty much sums up Neverland Ranch and how his mind worked, I think. It brings me back to my 10-year age difference between me and my husband. It has never been an issue because I don't feel like I'm 30 and he doesn't feel like he's 40. It just works. We would be the same age if we didn't know how old we were. It's nice to finally have some thought-provoking coverage on the King of Pop, instead of the rantings of Deepak Chopra (who, I'm sorry but really does better when he just parks his butt on his yoga mat and stays off Larry King. No one thinks you're a guru when you hit the talk show circuit just to announce MJ's most likely drug addiction. I'm officially ashamed to own one of your books, dude). Michael: you were admired by many, misunderstood by many, and will be missed by many. Sequins will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's it, let it all out....