A) I think technically right now I am supposed to be helping my husband make sure that all of the camping equipment works...but I believe that would rob him of his machismo and certainly his mojo...so I'm going to blog instead.
B) I found this story on USA Today this morning and I just don't feel like a true Kentuckian (which borders with Ohio, for those of you not smarter than a 5th grader, and is home to Kings Island) if I didn't say something about it.
c) I've been drinking wine since 4:30 because if I lived in central time, it would be 5:00 somewhere...like in eastern standard time...
I have never been to Kings Island during the haunting season. I'm really not such a fan any other time of the year, either. If I desire to eat greasy carnival food and then fall freely from the sky, all the while wondering if a screw will pop and send me crashing to an early death, then I will go to Frankfort's Expo and save myself $45 and still get to play "Count the Mullets". But I hear that it's a good time...if you're into that sort of thing. So, I was a little shocked to read this morning that Kings Island had decided to do a Celebrity Skeleton exhibit in the park...a little like Madam Taussaud's, but with a lot less class - perfect for the Ohioans (whoops, sorry Cindy). This is a just a small list of skeletons included in the exhibit:
- Michael Jackson (as pictured above) complete with sparkly glove, sans IV full of Fentanyl.
- Farrah Fawcett (I'm not sure how this was going to be completed, but I can only hope that good hair was involved).
- Sonny Bono strapped face-first to a tree and decked out in ski gear.
- Boston Red Sox Hall of Famer Ted Williams stuffed in a glass-door freezer (apparently he was cryogenically frozen after his death. I think this is only a tiny bit classier than having one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims hanging out of a Frigidaire while Jeff stood beside, licking his fingers).
- Steve McNair sporting a #9 jersey, eating from a Tennessee Titans snack bowl with a dress-wearing skeleton sprawled across his lap and a gun laying on the ground.
- And various others...i.e. Billy Mays (I hope he was holding a bottle of OxyClean), Dave Thomas, and Heath Ledger.