Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Was a Senior Hottie: Some Girls Have All the Hair

Liz, of a belle, a bean, and a chicago dog, runs a high school senior photo link-up each year. I admired from afar last year and was asked to create one of the prizes this year. Of course, it was my absolute honor to participate because a) I think Liz is the cat's meow and a bag of Hint of Lime Tostitos all rolled into one and b) what's more fun than creating things that sparkle? And so, the earring bases have arrived from Turkey and I'm just *patiently* awaiting the announcement of winners. In the meantime, I do have my very own #SeniorHottie pictures to share. This blast from the past is brought to you by AquaNet and the color red.

(I've chopped all non-essential personnel out of these photos to protect the identity of the innocent. Just because you were associated with me in high school, shouldn't mark you for all of eternity.) This was the French Honor Society senior banquet. Berets were optional.

Nothing spells special like a 20-lb Prom dress. Completely covered in sequins, front and back, with long sleeves and a hem that brushed the floor. Yes, I nearly melted that night. But not before I spilled an entire cup of Everclear down the front and broke the clasp at the top while doing the Watermelon Crawl.

The first few days after Graduation were filled with rolling in the bills I raked in from the family and chillin' at the boyfriend's house. This was taken in his bedroom as he was cleaning out his closet. Yes, those are mallard ducks in a border in his bedroom. No, we didn't last much longer after that. No, it didn't have anything to do with the ducks. He, tragically, got dumped for my first ex-fiance. But trust me, he got the better end of that deal....in the long run.

If these photos look all fancy to you, it's because I actually scrapbooked some of my senior year. I'm sure the future generations will be pleased.

The contest has closed, but you can still enjoy the many #SeniorHottie photos from bloggers who have linked up with Liz. Click on over and take a stroll down Memory Lane...preferably with a little Aerosmith or TLC cranked in the background.

Some things never change. Still rockin' the red.

9 comments:

  1. You were a total senior hottie, beret and all. I have no idea how you even moved in that dress. Are you sure you didn't work the pageant circuit too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, that "dress" is a GOWN! Like, what pageant girls wear!

    Those are some serious duds. And I believe you that it weighed 20 lbs!

    Thanks so much for joining in AND for the #SeniorHottie prize participation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a cutie... i can see you were quite the senior hottie indeed, red sequined dress and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious and I just love you! I cannot wait to meet you, Neal, and you know who in person one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great dress. When I look at my prom pictures, I only think "What was I thinking?" And, if it was hot you needed to pour drinks on yourself to cool down. makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So...what was this...yesterday? Sheesh. You haven't aged. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm a little bit in love with your prom dress. But then, the dancer in me has always been a sucker for 1,000,000,000,000 sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love stuff that sparkles!

    And... Hi sis! :-)

    You rock in red, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dress is FABULOUS! I never liked sequins in high school but oddly enough both my dresses had a hint of sequins on them... I think it was hard to avoid them back then, right?

    Thank you for posting these, love every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete

That's it, let it all out....