Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Long Way Here

This has been an exciting technology week for me. I have not one, but two, blogs now...plus a Twitter account that I cannot figure out, and my old faithful, Facebook. When I left The Massage Center with a starry-eyed vision of creative latitude, marketing schemes, and flexible schedules, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Oh to be an independent contractor. Truly independent. To rely on no one but yourself to get people in the door and sometimes harder, to get them to come back. Suddenly, I realize I did not always have incompetant managers, sometimes they were just very stressed.

But this is Chateau Miller. This is the great adventure of Neal and Allyson - which started with a nervous hug at Heathrow Airport and ends a lifetime from now. We have been so fortunate to have more laughter than angry words and more friends than people who want to drop us in a vat of acid. We can't wait to see what's around the bend...tonight could be my first major tofu catastrophe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's it, let it all out....