Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Pink Campaign Big Reveal

OK...yes...it is the 3rd of November and technically Breast Cancer Awareness Month ended 3 days ago. I blame the Army. And I-85 traffic. But here I am in somewhat sunny and excessively chilly Ft. Lee, VA. It looks exactly like the set of An Officer and a Gentleman...except no one is D.O.R'ing and I have yet to hear "Up Where We Belong." But other than that, exactly the same. Atlanta and Savannah with Shana were, to put it simply, roaring good times and now that I have lots of time to sit and type, I will be recounting our adventures through the genteel south. But today is the Big Reveal of how much money was raised with Daisy & Elm's The Pink Campaign. I think I may have promised a vlog with Shana...however, that requires a certain amount of knowledge about the webcam installed on my computer. And a certain amount of sobriety. Neither of which were readily available to us. So, we did pictures. We were going to photograph Shana in her divinely sexy (but not slutty...you Halloween Express shoppers should know the difference by now) witch's costume, but decided to do it in her new Lady Shan-blis hat (if you don't get that, you are overdue for a viewing of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil). I think you will all agree that it becomes her.

So, without further ado....

This is the money we have raised thus far for Susan G. Komen's Race for the Cure.


And THIS is the money that COULD be raised if everyone, who has not done so already, hops onto the fan page and reviews their purchase under the "Reviews" tab. Go ahead. I'll wait. I will wait exactly 6 days. Check mails on Monday morning. I don't know...that $434 check is awfully pretty. And look how much happier she is about this one! Make Shana happy. It's a beautiful thing.

I would like to specifically thank Shana @ Fumbling Towards Normalcy for posing with checks in this Big Reveal. I would also like to thank Amanda @ It's Blogworthy and Kallay @ Kallaydoscope for re-posting and re-tweeting about The Pink Campaign almost everyday. And to everyone who did the same but I failed to catch them in the act, thank you as well! You all made this a successful event and quite literally, I could not have done this without you. I am beyond thrilled to send such a donation to such a worthy charity. And I absolutely plan on doing this again next year!

On a somewhat related note, let me address those of you who have friends and family members who have fought and won, or fought and lost, their battle with a horrific disease that was not breast cancer. I have heard you and I know that it sometimes seems unfair that Breast Cancer Awareness gets so much attention in October. What about Prostate Cancer? Or Leukemia and Lymphoma? What about childhood cancers? These are all devastating, yet often ignored by everyone except those touched by them. So, today I'm instituting a new policy at Daisy & Elm. If you purchase an item from me, either from Facebook or the Etsy store (or my website should I actually get it up and running sometime while I'm here) and you would like for your payment to benefit a particular charity, please let me know when you are ordering. I will send my entire profit to the charity of your choosing upon receipt of payment. I will only keep the cost of my materials used. If you order this piece during the month that has been chosen to recognize your charity, I will send 100% of your payment, in exchange for a review of your item...just as we did this month. I hope that is a fair and decent compromise. While I have lost women close to me to Breast Cancer, I have lost far more loved ones to Alzheimer's, heart disease, and miscarriage. The charities that represent those causes are nearest to my heart and if given the opportunity, they are the ones I would choose to fund. I want to give you the opportunity to do the same.

Thank you again for making The Pink Campaign so successful and now that I'm 2 hours from DC, keep your eyes peeled for new bling with White House beads...if I can find them!

Peace, love, gorgeous jewelry, and a beautiful cause...

7 comments:

  1. Wow Ally! Way to go!!! You're totally welcome, by the way. My grandma had and beat breast cancer at 80 years old. The woman is an animal! Love her! I love your new idea, too. My grandpa died of Alzheimer's, but also had MS and heart issues. This is a fabulous idea! I'm glad your campaign was such a huge success and I hope you continue to have the same kind of success in your business. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this. It was such a great campaign for a great cause. I think your new idea is fantastic...and you know I'll be making quite a few purchases from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already tried to post this but i dont think it worked...lets try this again!

    You are, to use your own words, awesome-sauce! I'm beyond amazed with the size of your philanthropic (sp?) heart. You are the most charitable business, large or small, that I have ever known. Thanks for being you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Ally!!! (And awesome modeling Shana!) That rocks and I love that you're opening this up to all different type of charities. You are such a good person Ally!!! oxox I can't wait to hear about the trip but this news makes my heart sing!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea! Kudos to you for your thoughtfulness and generousity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!!! That's some Moolah!!!! Go on with your bad self, girl! I'm honored that I could help out..Mom loves her necklace so much and I love mine, too! You are going to go places with your beautiful designs and business. Anybody who gives like you do has a lot coming back to them..but I know you'd do it anyway! Congrats, and looks like an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowweee!!! That's a good amount of dough! Good for you, girlie.

    ReplyDelete

That's it, let it all out....