Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Housekeeping!

Don't you sometimes wish you could do blog accents? Like French or British or Italian?? I'd be all over that right now.

So...we do have a winner. And shame, shame on me...it came in very early yesterday, but I was having so much fun reading your guesses that I'm just now calling Uncle.

And the winner is....Salt from Salt Says! What alarms me is that I'm pretty sure she was not born anywhere close to the 1960's. In fact, I'm almost positive I've got at least 5 years on her...and yet...she totally got it. So, how she remembers this and I don't is puzzling. I blame marijuana. Or maybe that one time Taco Bell tried to kill me via a chalupa. At any rate, congratulations, Salt...it was the Nik-L-Nips...which sounds so much like nipple lips to me that I'm surprised it ever made it past the test marketing. Maybe Mama Virgo, AKA Mama Psychologist, was trying to protect me from years of Mommy Issues...issues that my husband may or may not possess.

More of a visual person? Here ya go:

My only question is where's purple? You're going to tell me that blue became a flavor before purple (which can legitimately be classified as grape)? Hmm..I'll take Flav R Ice (which is apparently the same as Otter Pops on the west coast...thank you, Surferwife) over this concoction anytime.

I swear they're called Flav R Ice in the south....

So, honorable mentions go to DG @ Diary of a Mad Bathroom, Queenie Jeannie @ Jeannie's Happy World, and Debbie @ Suburb Sanity, who agreed with Salt. I'm sure if you're super-nice and tell her how pretty her wedding hair is, she'll share the accolades (which basically come in the form of Atta Girl...You so smart. Which is decidedly better than You're so pretty...).

Next item on the agenda: Thursday and Friday.
Tomorrow's Magnolias and Mimosas post will be brought to you by Kiera @ Imperfect Daisies. We call this a blog swap...sort of like a wife swap but without all of the cursing and poopy diapers. She will post to my blog and I will post to her's. It's a guaranteed good time because nothing is more fun than crashing someone else's house and drinking all their beer. Plus, Kiera makes me giggle.

On Friday, we will have a black-out on Magnolias and Mimosas to urge all readers to join us on Kallay's blog, Kallaydoscope...where Salt and I are crashing while Kallay is fighting off the hippies and the fir trees in Oregon. I'll put up a reminder on Friday morning, but that's all. Because seriously, you will have to check it out. Kallay granted me access to her Facebook page before she left. She probably should not have done that. Just sayin'....

And next week, I will have to post something about how my mom keeps offering up blog topics. Does it really suck so bad around here that I need suggestions on what to write about? And she wants me to know that it's not for all intensive purposes, it's for all intents and purposes. I don't actually think I was born with a Type A personality, I think it was groomed in me. While I'm at it, perhaps I should mention that I lay on the bed while drinking they're beer and could care less. How's THAT for abuse of the English language? Thanks, Mama Virgo.

Back to our regularly scheduled program on Monday. Until then, enjoy the swinging!

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE BEING RIGHT! YAYYYYY!!!
    I don't know how old you are, but I was under the assumption that we were around the same age. I was born at the late end of the 70's.

    I totally think of Nipple Lips too. Actually I say it when I said Nik-L-Nips 5 times fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I love Salt so much...she's SOOOOO smart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tehy're called Flav-R-Ice in NY aka the only place that matters as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flav R Ice are different from Otter Pops. I have seen those, too. I think. Otter Pops have the cute otter dressed as historian figures. The Flav's are the ghetto version where you can get like 3541365465 for 99 cents.

    Anywho, have fun on your blog swap. I loved doing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wax thingies are foul. I remember kids chewing them and drooling. Ewwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for the blog swap! And I'm a southern gal---I'm almost positive you're right about their being called Flav R Ice down there!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today--I love new visitors. And I'm following you!
    ;-)
    Have a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow it comes as a surprise that those things have a name other than The Little Wax Bottles With Colored Sugar Water In 'Em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the Otter Pops! I actually liked them better than Flav R Ice. And I probably had a Nik-L-Nip at some point. But now all I can think of are those wax lips...Nice blast from the past...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you are right about that! Just swinging all over the place! Can't WAIT to see what you and Salty have planned for Kallay's place on Friday! And, of course, looking forward to your swappin partner - a new one for me!

    And, yes, I will confirm it. We do call them Flav R Ice in the south. But what the hell kind of name is Otter Pops. Or Nik-l-nips for that matter? Um, marketing FAIL, right there. I can hardly even pronounce that one!! And I surely can't say it without thinking of a big pink NIPPLE. WTF??

    And, yes, our moms sound IDENTICAL. So funny. My mom always calls me if she notices any misspellings or anything. But what else would I expect?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those 'wax coke bottle candy thingies' have a name? Who knew? And Nik-l-Nips...I'm with Foxy, utter FAIL. But oh so much fun!

    I'm from the country, so Flav R Ice is the upscale version of freezer pops around here...and we go through a case in the summer.

    Looking forward to all the bloggy hoppin' to come. Sounds like fun! (But don't drink all the beer, save us a few).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tears of joy for Salt, tears of pain for me. GU GU i tell you. ehhh its okay NINETEEN EIGHTY SIX BABY.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kiera! GU is stuff for endurance athletes/ We have them all over the house here from my husband. It's not candy, you crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those things are totally called Flav R Ice. I don't know what all this Otter Pops nonsense is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember these, and I KNOW I've got WAY MORE than 5 years on either one of ya! The Flav R Ice is still around...we buy it almost daily for the lifeguards at the local pool in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay way to go Salt, you little rockstar you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay salt! and ohhh goodness i can't wait to see what you hooligans come up with this friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude, I know it as Flavor Ice, too. Otter Pops? That shit's bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You people have NOT lived life until you have an Otter Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome. yes grape is so much more natural than whatever that blue crappy flavor is which just succeeds in making your mouth look a hot mess and kind of corpsey.

    just saying.

    oh - and at least your mom reads you. My mom still refers to my blog as Tikka Masala vs. Masala Chica. Tikka Masala is an indian curry dish.

    Kiran

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a winner, but I'm not a loser either. I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I grew up in WV which is not the north or the south, and we rocked the Otter Pops. Do they even make Otter Pops anymore??

    ReplyDelete
  22. they are flav r ice in the south!!!! i couldn't remember the name!

    ReplyDelete

That's it, let it all out....